Presentation of the cultural heritage of Sicily, Italy, during the 3rd PM. Learning- and teaching activities for teachers.
Sicily Word-cards Dutch-English:
Click on this link to open the file 'Word-cards'
Dutch presentation in Sicily by students:
Click on this link to open the dutch presentation made by students
1. Introduction of each student: name, age, school
2. This is the flag of The Netherlands
3. Here you see a picture of The Netherlands. The capital is Amsterdam.
4. Here you see Amersfoort and our school.
5. Our country is well-know for the clogs
6. And the tulips
7. Tasty cheese
8. And windmills
9. But also because of Delft Blue!
10. Here you find the town of Delft.
Delft Blue is the name for a type of earthenware. This earthenware is made in Delft and has blue decorations. Different materials are used to make the earthenware and they are mixed to make a smooth ‘clay-porridge’. This is then shaped into plates and plaques. This is then put in the oven when it is still damp and baked at 1000 degrees Celsius until the clay has turned white and solid. When it is is col dit is handpainted with black paint. It is then put in the oven again and the black paint turns blue.
Now you are going to draw Delft Blue tiles yourselves!!!
The project is financed by the European Union within the ERASMUS + programme, Action KA2 – cooperation of schools
Powered by Utilize Business Solutions BV